Friday, November 11, 2011

Week One. Done.

Week One and Done!  Success!  I started my big girl job and made it through a full 5-day work week.  


Well, maybe make that a SIX day work week since I spent 10 HOURS driving.
Commuting to work an hour each way is not for the weak hearted. 
The morning is fine... I cruise with my coffee, laugh at the phone-tap, gaze at the sunrise, slowly wake up....
The afternoon is harder.  I am usually much more tired, it is pitch black out (daylight savings...sigh.. come on!!) and just want to be home.  

I discovered a few things that helped.  Running the campus after school was nice (on the days that it was warm) and I was able to get 30 minutes of sunshine in.  Plus I got hooted at by college boys (yay, I look young!)


Another day I came home, ate dinner, relaxed for an hour, then ran 5 miles on the dreadtreadmill.  Then I showered and when straight to sleep.  Moral of the story?  My free time has been drastically cut.  I forgot what it was like to work.

Tonight I did something drastic!  I went to a new gym.  And signed up.  For a freakin' year.
The guy at the front desk was VERY convincing, it was an 11-11-11 sale, he told me I would get a full refund if I moved or started working there (I'm hoping to teach a class or two), and it is RIGHT.BY.WORK.
The campus gym is not my style.  It is big but congested all at once.  Big, high ceilings, balconies to look over (no I do not want to watch 19 year old boys lift weights while I run), and is super crowded with young kids.  I guess I've graduated to adulthood.  I'd rather work out with adults who have just gotten out of work as well.  Just sayin'.

I feel good about joining because I will have somewhere to workout (its huge and nice) after work and it is literally a mile away.  I am also looking forward to teaching again (it's been a week and I already miss it, especially excited because they have a TRX CLASS!!! I've missed teaching that).  And heck, there were pleeennnty of good lookin' men there. ;-)  hey i'm only human.

So the commute is long.

I have a new gym. (and commitment phobia.  Signing up gave me anxiety!)



and I LIKE my new job.  My coworkers are great, 



the campus is beautiful, 



and the days have been FLYING BY!


I am grateful for the weekend.  I will be sleeping in.  On that note, its almost midnight and way past my bedtime. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment