Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Movin' On

Change is always scary.  Even good change.  Or is it just me?  I guess I'm a semi creature of habit.  Or I'm more of a Type A personality and enjoy being in control and calculating things just right.  Life has quickly shown me that it doesn't play by my rules.  




BIG CHANGES!  I'm leaving the fitness industry in the full-time capacity and am going to work for a University as a Coordinator for First Year students.  I will be planning things like Orientation, Family Weekends, and even a Family 5K (which we all know I'll be participating in!).  This is a big change... a step in a new direction... but also very exciting.






Things I'll be looking forward to:


1. Having a full-time job with a steady paycheck.




2. Having benefits!!!




3. Having paid time off (I have huge desires to travel more).






4. A steady paycheck (oh wait, did I mention that already?)


5. A free MASTERS. (I think I will pursue a masters in counseling)


6. Dressing up for work again.  Putting on spandex and a sweatshirt all winter was very relaxing and nice. But I gotta be honest, it will be fun to wear make-up that won't run, have my hair straightened not sweaty, and wear pretty dresses.  I love working out but am also a girly girl at heart.






7. Meeting new people.  I will be meeting more new people!  That is my favorite part of starting anything new.  Making friends and interesting people is always very exciting.


8. Getting out of the area.  I will be working a few towns over from me.  New scenery...perhaps a move... 


9. A new gym!  Okay, sounds ridiculous, but I DO love fitness.  I get free membership to the University's gym which is super nice.  New town also means new gyms (and a boatload of them over there)... So maybe I will pick up some classes elsewhere.  Again, more new people!






10. Not having to run myself ragged hustlin'.  I love what I do as a group exercise instructor and personal trainer but it is not an easy life.  It is 2 a day workouts, overtraining of your own body, having to be "on" 100% all the time with whoever you are with, energized, and constantly in "sales mode" to grow your business.  It is pretty exhausting.  I'm ready to enjoy doing it for FUN without worrying about it as a source of primary income.






ANNNND...that's the update.


Wish me luck!


I will be posting more about health, fitness, & nutrition now that I will still need an outlet for it.  Reviews, How To's, Tips, Videos, etc.  I will also be personal training on a part time basis and keeping some of my "special" clients. ;-) as well as pursuing online training as well.


Keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment